- Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Mascara ($29): Smudge-free with no flaking all day long, this
mascara will coat and curl every lash perfectly. Filled with provitamin B5, you’ll enjoy a high-volume
finish without a brittle feel.
- INIKA Long Lash Vegan Mascara ($35): Infuse your lashes with deep conditioning elements such
as vitamin E and magnolia bark extract. This vegan, organic, and cruelty-free mascara will give you a
vibrant look without causing any irritation to even the most delicate peepers.
- MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara ($26): Ophthalmologist tested, this intense carbon black
mascara is ideal for super-delicate eyes. It’s also smudge-resistant, flake-proof, volumizing, defining, and
lengthening to boot. In addition, the tiny brush bristles coat even your thinnest, shortest eyelashes
- Ilia Limitless Lash Mascara ($28): Made from totally natural ingredients, like shea butter,
beeswax carnauba wax, and keratin, this mascara lengthens, curls, conditions, and lifts your lashes.
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Volume Mascara ($25): Specially formulated sensitive eyes and people
who wear contact lenses, this richly pigmented mascara coats each and every lash. You can have full
volume without irritating your eyes or weighing down your eyelashes.
- Honest Beauty Extreme Length Mascara + Lash Primer ($20): Before applying this budget-
friendly mascara, you apply a primer to lengthen lashes in advance. Then you can enhance your look
even further with deep color.
- Chantecaille Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara ($74): While this product can get pricey, it gives you
thick dramatic eyelashes and contains specialized peptides to stimulate further lash growth.
- Crunchi Lashes For Days Mascara ($28): With all natural ingredients, such as green tea fibers, a
swipe of this wand will upgrade your lashes, shaping and lengthening them with no itchy side effects.
- Clinique Lash Power Mascara Long-Wearing Formula ($23): Many long-time wearers of Clinique
makeup swear by the irritation-free effects of this mascara. Even though it’s waterproof,
ophthalmologists have determined that it’s safe for contact lens wearers and people with sensitive eyes.
Plus, it will stay in place all day without running or smudging into raccoon eyes.
- Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara ($8.19): Clump-free, lash-lengthening, and gentle on
sensitive eyes, what more could you ask for in a mascara?
- Blinc Mascara ($26): Unlike traditional mascaras that coat lashes with color, tubing mascaras
create a tube around each individual hair to prevent smudging and flaking. The formula is water-
resistant and does not clump, flake, smudge or run throughout the day. Removal is easier than other
waterproof mascaras because the tubes simply slide off without the need for excessive rubbing and
tugging. The formula has been clinically tested to be non-irritating which means it is ideal for anyone
with sensitive eyes or who wears contact lenses.
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes ($24): This mascara is made with olive esters that condition, treat,
and protect lashes. It also has other natural ingredients such as rice bran wax, carnauba wax, provitamin
B5, mineral pigments, and vitamin C which are great for sensitive eyes. It is ophthalmologist tested and
safe for contact lens wearers.
- Pacifica Beauty Stellar Gaze Mascara ($14): This mascara is known for its natural finish and
cruelty-free formula, and it also contains coconut oil and vitamin B to deliver conditioned lashes with
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara ($32): Natural beeswax coats the lashes with luscious
color in just one stroke while also protecting the eyes from becoming red and itchy.
- Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara ($6): This mascara is hypoallergenic and scores high with
consumers for going on smoothly, volumizing, lengthening and separating lashes.
- Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara ($5): Ophthalmologically-tested and top tanking for
lengthening, volumizing and curling lashes.
- Covergirl Professional All-in-One Mascara ($5): Made specifically for sensitive eyes and is
hypoallergenic as well as suitable for contact lens wearers.
- L’oreal Paris Age Perfect Lash Magnifying Mascara ($16): Ophthalmologist-tested and suitable
for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes. It also leaves lashes conditioned.
- Almay Length & Lift Mascara ($15): This brand is renowned for its sensitive skin-friendly
formulas and this mascara earned high marks for not causing any redness or irritation to eyes or eyelids.
It also has a SkinSAFE score of 100%, meaning it’s free of common allergens and safe for those with
- e.l.f. Lash it Loud Mascara ($6): This mascara delivers great length in a mild formula that
received a 100% SkinSAFE score for excluding the most common allergens and irritants.
Overall things to look for:
-Terms like hypoallergenic, allergy-tested, or ophthalmologist-tested. This doesn’t guarantee
that it is 100% allergy-proof.
-Brands that have a trusted reputation for treating sensitive skin and eyes.
-Steer clear of mascaras that include fragrance on the ingredients list.