You can shoot what you can’t see, so it is vital that you have a quality rifle scope on your firearm. Luckily, there are plenty of great options out on the market today. Each comes with a different price point, magnification, and qualities to ensure that you can find just what you are looking for. Let’s take a look at some of the top rifle scopes out there!
For hunters needing an all-around, versatile hunting scope that will do well in any situation, the Hawke scope is the perfect option. With its 3 to 9 power zoom, you can use it for both short-range applications as well as long-range shooting. With low-profile turrets and a fairly light weight, this riflescope can travel with you just about anywhere without snagging on brush or branches as you hike. The best part? The quality that you get is more than the great price tag that is on it. If you are looking for the best bang for your buck, this is a great option.
- The duplex reticule is bold and very easy to see.
- Comes with Hawke’s excellent lifetime warranty.
- Low-profile turrets to avoid snags and catches.
- No other options for different magnifications or dimensions.
- Does not do as well as other scopes during low light situations.
Vortex has long been one of the best value brands for hunters, and their rifle scopes are no exception. Just like with their binoculars, the rifle scopes come with their unconditional VIP warranty should you accidentally drop or break your scope. Any issues at all, they will fix or replace them at no extra charge to you. These riflescopes are built with some great glass quality and are very good options for those wanting a quality scope at an affordable price.
- Best product warranty in the industry.
- The optical quality is very good.
- Long eye relief and fast target acquisition.
- Different magnification and reticule options.
- Durability could be better for the price tag.
- Less than ideal low light sharpness.
Athlon is a relatively new company to the optics game, but they are quickly gaining in popularity. Very similar to Vortex, their glass is very similar and they also offer an exceptional warranty on all of their products should you damage them while hunting. While there can be some durability issues, overall Athlon makes some great optics and sells them at great prices. Their Talos riflescope is a great riflescope that is making waves in the long-range and hunting communities.
- Excellent warranty and customer service.
- Great glass quality.
- Good price point.
- Durability issues with turrets and scope mounts.
- Can struggle to hold zero at times.
For hunters or shooters who only want to hunt with the best of the best, Swarovski is considered to be the highest quality of optics that are made in the world. This excellent quality and build come with a price tag though, and you will have to pay more than you would for other hunting scopes. This scope in particular will be the brightest, clearest, and most durable scope that you will find. The Z3 is also a lot more affordable than other Swarovski models but still gives you the same great quality and clarity.
- The highest quality of glass that money can buy.
- Exceptional build quality and durability.
- Good customer service should you need it.
- Extremely expensive when compared to other scopes.
- Can be considered big and heavy.
Burris makes some excellent optics, but their HD line of riflescopes is even a step higher. Designed to be super crisp and clear even during extremely low light situations, these scopes will provide you with the best sight picture while out hunting or shooting. And just like with other popular warranties from Vortex or Athlon, Burris now offers their “Forever Warranty”. Should you run into any issues or damage to your scope, their warranty will take care of you in no time.
- Excellent quality of glass.
- Great build quality and design.
- A great warranty should you ever need it.
- Plenty of different models and sizes to fit your needs.
- Depending on the model, can be a little heavy.
- Turrets are good, but not as good as other brands.
If you want a good scope at an affordable price but still want to stick to strictly models from quality companies, then the Buckmaster series of scopes from Sig Sauer might be a great option for you. Sig is very well known for its optics and has now released a more affordable option for shooters or hunters on a budget. This scope still has plenty of great additions as well as the bells and whistles that you would expect to see on a scope that may cost ten times as much.
- Amazing price point.
- Simple and easy to use design.
- Can be used for many different uses.
- Durability could be better.
- Eye relief is narrow.
Thank you for reading about the best rifle scope in 2022. As an Amazon associate I earn a commission for qualifying purchases.